Last night I worked like a machine. Honestly, I don’t know what got into me, but the husband was out, the kids were in bed and I was on FIRE! And four finished cushion covers are the result.
The cushion tops have been staring at me for a while now. Pleading with me with their big, sad unfinished edges to “Puhlease!” be made into something useful. But I had misplaced me ‘sewjo’ and was ignoring their unwelcome pleas.
But yesterday I found my sewjo again. Surprise! ‘Someone’ had hidden it under that purple and chartreuse cushion top, so when I finally forced myself to look at the pile again I saw the edge of it peeking out. Darn cheeky thing. But I guess that’ll learn me for leaving something unfinished for so long… (Probably not.)
I will at some point post a pattern for the purple and chartreuse cushion top. I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a while (have seen them over in Pinterestland a fair bit). I couldn’t find any measurements on the net anywhere so I had to make my own up, which I’ll happily share with you at some point. I’ve called it my ‘Mis-matched Matchsticks’ Cushion. So stay tuned for that!
I styled the cushion above around Heather Ross’s Briar Rose range, which sadly I am starting to run out of. Not sure if I’ll buy more of it… but I do love it so! Very bright and cheery. It also has a combination of modern and vintage fabrics – of course!
This next cushion was the result of me playing with bits and pieces. I was originally going to make a traditional patchwork but then I started fiddling and decided to do a pinwheel. The back is from the lovely Verna Mosquera Rosewater range. Soft and pretty.
And then there’s this one. Modern vintage to a T. A combination of vintage Sanderson upholstery fabric and a bright, modern pom-pom trim!
All waiting patiently to go to new homes.